Elegance of Egypt - Royal Suite, Winter 2021-2022 Royal Suite
Brochure Type: LG Europe Summer 2022 Version 2
Stand in awe of Egypt on this 1-week guided tour. Just outside of Cairo, see the wondrous Pyramids of Giza with an Egyptologist, who will guide you inside and up close to the Sphinx. Sail the Nile to the preserved Philae, a maze of towering temples along the water and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Gaze at the Aswan Dam - one of the world's largest embankment dams. See the unique Kom Ombo temple, dedicated to a falcon-headed Horus and crocodile god Sobek - then don traditional galabeyas for a flavorful feast in Edfu.
- : Our customized luxury coaches are sanitized before the start of your tour and are maintained to very high standards. Physical distancing measures have been implemented on our customized luxury coaches.
- : Experience enhanced hygiene protocols to align with the latest guidance following COVID-19. All Travelling Concierge's and Drivers have completed training in enhanced well-being and hygiene protocols.
- : We only work with establishments we are confident will consistently adhere to our high well-being standards, which include hotels, restaurants and sight-seeing venues.
- : Hand sanitizer is freely available on board for you to use throughout the day.
- Giza: Join your Egyptologist to explore the impressive city of Giza, where you meet the enigmatic Sphinx and proceed deep inside one of the Pyramids. Admire the hieroglyphs etched on the walls and the covert chambers where great pharaohs met their gods.
- Cairo: Walk through the Egyptian Museum in the company of your Travelling Concierge, a knowledgeable Egyptologist, who will guide you through the most extensive collection of Pharaonic antiquities in the world, including the priceless ancient treasures from the Tomb of Tutankhamun.
- El Omraniya: Watch in wonder as the Pyramids of Giza are brought to life against the night sky by a mesmerising presentation of sound and light. Hear the ancient tales of Egypt as these spectacular monuments are illuminated by giant scale projections.
- Kitchener's Island: Cruise on the Nile in an elegant wooden felucca as the winds ease you around the botanical vistas of Kitchener's Island. Admire the lush greenery of the Island of Plants as your drift through the afternoon aboard your traditional vessel.
- Aswan: Marvel at the monumental engineering of Egypt, ancient and modern. See the 3500-year-old unfinished obelisk of Hatshepsut, an unrivaled example of the advanced construction of the Pharaohs, and take in the Aswan High Dam, responsible for creating the enormous Lake Nasser.
- Philae Island: Cross the Nile by motorboat and visit the immaculately preserved Philae temple complex. Walk amidst the ancient columns of this Nubian monument site, rescued from devastation by UNESCO when it was moved stone by stone from the flood plains of the Aswan High Dam.
- Kom Ombo: Arrive at Kom Ombo on the banks of the Nile, a unique double temple that is dedicated to two gods. See the mummified crocodiles that were in honour of Sobek and the identical temple made for Horus, the falcon-headed god.
- Esna: Visit the well preserved Esna Temple, dedicated to the god of creation, the ram-headed Khnum. Parts of the temple were built during different eras and it appears this was the first shrine built during the reign of Thuthmosis III.
- Luxor: Approach the Temple of Luxor along the Avenue of Sphinxes and see the ancient stones. Look to the top of the remaining Pylon of Ramses II and step into the ancient monument.
- Valley of the Kings: Venture to the Necropolis with your Egyptologist and discover the resting place of many Pharaohs. See the royal tombs and visit the Temple of Hatshepsut with its pillared porticoes and vibrant reliefs, making it one of the world's most striking architectural masterpieces.
- West Bank: Pause to view the spectacular Colossi of Memnon. These enormous twin statues of the Pharaoh Amenhotep III sit 60 feet above the plain and dominate the landscape with their 720-tonne masses. Gaze upon the breathtaking scene they create.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man. The most important place of worship in Egypt for nearly 800 years, Karnak is an extraordinary sight, presided over by the archaeologically magnificent Temple of Amun.
- Aswan: Enjoy afternoon tea on the shaded terrace of the Old Cataract Hotel as you gaze over the waters of the Nile River. Soak up the afternoon as Winston Churchill, Princess Diana, and Agatha Christie have done before you.
- : Enjoy a Restaurant Dinner accompanied by a Nubian folklore show.
- : Don your finest traditional Nile Valley galabeya for a night of dancing and games on the river. Enjoy a relaxed Egyptian dinner and take the opportunity to unwind and spend an informal evening with your Travelling Concierge and cruise companions.
- Luxor: Visit a family home and witness the making authentic Egyptian sun bread.
- Dining Summary: 1 Afternoon Tea (AT), 6 Breakfast (B), 3 Dinner with Wine (DW), and 3 Lunch (L)
- You will be escorted by one of our fine Travelling Concierges and certified Egyptologist, handpicked to serve as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- At every hotel, you'll be treated to seamless baggage handling, with prompt delivery inside your room.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels. See Notes in the pricing panel for exemptions.
- Complimentary, private airport transfers are included on start and end dates, when flights are included within the itinerary and when additional accommodation has been booked through Luxury Gold. Guests will be transferred with fellow Luxury Gold Travellers that arrive on the same flight. Complimentary port transfers are included when cruise travel is included within the itinerary. Transfers to train stations or alternate hotels, in the same start or end city of the itinerary, may be requested but are not guaranteed.
- Tour Operator
- Luxury Gold by Insight
- Offer valid through 3/31/2022
- 7 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Cairo||Cairo at Leisure.: Welcome to the timeless land of the pharaohs. On arrival in Cairo, you will be met and transferred to your hotel. Enjoy the day at leisure as tomorrow you begin your journey into the ancient world. In the evening, get to know your Travelling Concierge and fellow guests over a welcome drink at the hotel.|
Mena House Hotel (Pyramid View), Giza.
|Day 2||Cairo||Cairo Sightseeing.: In the morning, join your Travelling Concierge, a knowledgeable Egyptologist, and begin your discovery of this timeless land. Start with a visit to the magnificent Pyramids of Giza, including exploring inside one of these wonders and a visit to the enigmatic Sphinx. Afterwards, explore the Egyptian Museum, to witness the priceless treasures recovered from the Tomb of Tutankhamun. Later, drive to the Pyramids to witness the magical Sound & Light Show, an unforgettable introduction to the world of ancient Egypt.|
Mena House Hotel (Pyramid View), Giza.
|Day 3||Aswan to Join your Cruise||Fly to Aswan to Join your Cruise.: Board your plane for a morning flight across the desert to Aswan. Visit the Aswan High Dam and the granite quarries, where one of Queen Hatshepsut's obelisks lies abandoned in the bedrock. Then cross the Nile by motorboat to the well-preserved Philae temple complex, moved stone-by-stone to its current location following the construction of the High Dam. Next, stretch out on a traditional Nile felucca for a peaceful ride around Kitchener's Island. In the late afternoon, join the likes of Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie before you for a colonial-style afternoon tea on the terrace of the Old Cataract Hotel. Once on your stylish and spacious river cruise ship, enjoy a Highlight Dinner, accompanied by a Nubian folklore show and live music.|
|Day 4||Kom Ombo to Edfu. Cruise||Kom Ombo to Edfu. Cruise: The morning is at leisure to relax or explore, or maybe take a Locally Available Experience by air to visit the amazing temples of Abu Simbel? These extraordinary temples were carved out of the cliffside by Rameses II and later transported, in an amazing feat of modern engineering, out of the rising waters of Lake Nasser. At lunchtime, set sail for the temple at Kom Ombo - a glorious sight as you approach by river. Unique in Egypt, it is dedicated to both the falcon-headed Horus and the crocodile god, Sobek. Then, drift past irrigated fields and palm-fringed villages to dock at Edfu. As evening falls, don your galabeyas, which are traditional Egyptian attire, for a fun-filled Egyptian dinner and galabeya party.|
|Day 5||Esna Temple and the Temple of Luxor||Esna Temple and the Temple of Luxor. Relaxed Start: Start with a visit to Esna Temple. Situated in the centre of Esna, this fascinating and highly decorated temple is dedicated to the ram-headed god Khnum, the god of creation. Then, sit back and observe everyday life in rural Egypt, as you float downstream to Luxor. Visit the Temple of Luxor as the sun sets.|
|Day 6||Cairo||Luxor Sightseeing and Cairo.: Across the Nile, to the west of the city, lies the necropolis of ancient Thebes. Stop for a photo of the Colossi of Memnon; these two giant seated figures of Amenhotep III once guarded his mortuary temple. In the nearby Valley of the Kings, the Egyptian kings planned to meet their gods in the afterlife. Visit some of their tombs, then continue to the temple of Queen Hatshepsut, one of the rare female pharaohs. Next, visit a family home and witness the making of authentic Egyptian sun bread. Return to Luxor for your final highlight, Karnak, the largest temple complex built by man. Walk through the avenue of ram-headed sphinxes, past the statue of Rameses II, to the vast Hypostyle Hall, housing 134 giant decorated columns. Transfer to the airport for your flight back to Cairo. You will check in to your five-star hotel for an evening at leisure.|
Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at the First Residence.
|Day 7||Depart Cairo||Depart Cairo.: Your journey concludes after breakfast and you will be transferred to Cairo Airport to board your onward flight.|
- Twin prices are per person.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class