GLOBUS 2021: America's Historic East with Extended Stay in WASHINGTON, DC (AHE)
11 Day Tour from WASHINGTON, DC to WASHINGTON, DC
Oh say can you see the nation's birthplace, capital, and significant battlefields from your easy chair? Of course not! Pack up your patriotism and head east for Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, and the notable settlements, landmarks, and presidential estates of the historic East. America's greatest chapters in history come to life as you stroll down the quaint streets of colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown, march in the steps of American Revolution and Civil War soldiers, and stand inside the remarkable Palladian walls of George Washington's Mount Vernon and Thomas Jefferson's Monticello. Prepare to be moved as this East Coast vacation leads you to the marbled memorials of D.C., the sacred site of Lincoln's Gettysburg address, and the symbolic Liberty Bell in the City of Brotherly Love. Combining national treasures with small town gems - plus a visit to see the wonder and wildlife of Shenandoah National Park - this vacation through America's historic East promises discovery and wonder for all.Let freedom ring a little longer by adding two more days in the nation's capital to your historic East Coast vacation. Hop on the included Old Town Trolley for easy access to the monuments and museums, the galleries and gardens, and the bistros and bars where you can find every type of cuisine and a heaping, helping of topical discussion.
Call (518) 477-4700 for more information or to book today! Mention code 14992612
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Washington, DC||Welcome to WASHINGTON, DC! At 6 pm, meet with your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome drink.|
|Day 2||Washington, DC||WASHINGTON, DC Sightseeing with a Local Guide includes the Lincoln, Vietnam, and Korean War Veterans Memorials, and photo stops at the White House and Capitol Hill. Free time this evening.MOUNT VERNON Guided tour of George Washington's estate and gardens. (B)ENHANCE YOUR FREE TIME in WASHINGTON, DC with dinner at a popular local restaurant and illumination tour of the monuments. This and more options throughout your tour are available for purchase with MyGlobus. Get local maps and tips for free time on your GlobusGO mobile app.|
|Day 3||Williamsburg||FREDERICKSBURG Orientation tour and free time to explore.YORKTOWN Visit Yorktown Battlefield Park.WILLIAMSBURG Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 4||Williamsburg||WILLIAMSBURG [LF] Private performance by historian Sylvia Tabb-Lee. Tour Jamestown Settlement with a Local Guide. Return to Colonial Williamsburg Historic Park for an orientation walk followed by free time this afternoon. Colonial-style dinner at a historic tavern this evening. (B,D)|
|Day 5||STAUNTON||RICHMOND Tour St. John's Church with a Local Guide.MONTICELLO Guided tour of Thomas Jefferson's estate.STAUNTON Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 6||Shenandoah National Park||STAUNTON Visit the Woodrow Wilson Presidential Library. Scenic drive to Shenandoah National Park.SHENANDOAH NATIONAL PARK Photo stops on Skyline Drive. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Gettysburg||HARPERS FERRY Visit Harpers Ferry National Historical Park.GETTYSBURG History tour with a Local Guide at Gettysburg National Military Park. Colonial-style dinner at [LF] Dobbin House Tavern. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Philadelphia||GETTYSBURG [LF] Private Ulysses S. Grant presentation. Scenic drive through Lancaster County en route to Valley Forge.VALLEY FORGE NATIONAL PARK Guided tour of Washington's campsite.PHILADELPHIA Farewell dinner on the Moshulu tall ship. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Washington, DC||PHILADELPHIA Guided sightseeing at Independence National Historical Park includes the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. BALTIMORE Free time this afternoon. Continue to WASHINGTON, DC. WASHINGTON, DC Free time this evening. (B)|
|Day 10||Washington, DC||WASHINGTON, DC Free day includes the Old Town Trolley service that loops around the city. (B)|
|Day 11||Washington, DC||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).